Coconut oil - also called coconut fat because of its solid consistency at below 23 °C - is extracted from the pulp of the coconut. Coconut oil is very rich in lauric acid and saturated fatty acids. Lauric acid has a strong antimicrobial effect. The oil is absorbed quickly and superficially, with good refatting properties. Coconut oil is one of our base oils for all BINU soaps.
Olive oil was already used in ancient Greece to care for dry skin. It is considered to stimulate the blood circulation. Olive oil has a high oleic acid content, which has a protective and moisturizing function. The oil leaves a light film and is only gradually absorbed by the skin. Therefore, it is excellent for dry and chapped skin. Olive oil is one of our base oils for soap production.
Sunflower oil is extracted from the seeds of the flower. The oil has a high linoleic acid content and is a light and mildly nourishing oil. Sunflower oil is one of our BINU base oils.
Shea butter is extracted from the nut of the shea tree. The rich butter nourishes the skin with its refatting, soothing and smoothing properties. Therefore, the butter is recommended for dry and stressed skin. Shea butter is one of our consistency-givers for the mild BINU facial soaps. Similar to coconut oil, palm oil is solid at below 23 °C. The reddish-yellow fat is rich in beta-carotene and serves as a consistency agent for our soaps. As the cultivation of palm oil is criticized for its impact on vegetation and climate, BINU is currently looking for an alternative. Glycerin is a sugar alcohol that has a moisture-binding and barrier-protecting effect and promotes skin elasticity. Glycerin is part of the skin's own moisture regulation system, which also involves salts, urea, amino acids and other substances. Because the substance is intrinsic to the skin, glycerin is considered to be particularly well tolerated. The glycerin contained in our BINU facial soaps is not added artificially, but is created during soap production.
For the production of our natural soaps we use especially pure Hinoki water, i.e. the aqueous solution of the steam distillate from the Hinoki wood. The Japanese cypress species is rich in phytoncides. Plants produce these substances to keep away pathogens and pests. These antimicrobial agents can also be very beneficial to the skin's protective system.
The high sugar content of honey has a moisture-binding effect. The result can be a fresher appearance of the skin and reduced wrinkles. Honey is included as an ingredient in our Bamboo Facial Soap.Fast growing, stable and at the same time elastic, bamboo plant contains a lot of silicon (silicic acid) and flavonoids. Bamboo has also been popular in the Asian cosmetic world for a long time due to its antibacterial effect. All bamboo products in BINU products are sourced from the Damyang region of Korea, where our manufacturing facility is also located.
- Bamboo is rich in silicon, which is an essential trace element for the human body. Especially fast growing tissues, like hair and skin, need silicon. The elasticity of connective tissue and the binding capacity of moisture in the skin are closely related to the content of silicon in the body, which decreases with age. Bamboo, just like green tea, also contains many flavonoids, which are free radical scavengers and have antibacterial effects. Bamboo leaf powder is included in our Bamboo Facial Soap.
- Bamboo activated charcoal is extracted under exclusion of air. In this process, the bamboo charcoal is "activated" when it reacts with other substances at over 700 °C. The resulting activated carbon has a highly porous structure and thus a high absorption capacity. The ability to bind with substances such as bacteria and pollutants makes activated carbon so attractive. In cosmetics, activated charcoal is used to cleanse and disinfect the skin and to combat skin impurities. Bamboo activated charcoal is the base and colorant of BINU Bamboo Charcoal facial soap .
- Bamboo wood vinegar is obtained by smoke distillation in the production of bamboo activated charcoal. It is said to have a positive effect on skin impurities, as vinegar has a disinfecting effect. Bamboo wood vinegar is contained in our Bamboo Charcoal soap.
The flowers of calendula are recommended by Commission E and ESCOP for external use in skin inflammation and wound healing. It can also alleviate skin damage caused by UV light, for example. Calendula is the key ingredient in our mild Calendula Facial Soap.
The oil from the seeds of the miracle tree is rich in ricinoleic acid, which makes hair soft, supple and shiny. It can penetrate deep into the stratum corneum of hair, making it less brittle. Castor oil is included in Green Tea Hair Soap.
Ginseng is also called "all healing herb", "power root" or "root of life". The small root is difficult to cultivate and grows very slowly. Red and white ginseng are the same plant: Panax ginseng. The freshly harvested white ginseng is treated with hot steam. This gives the red ginseng its namesake reddish color. Afterwards, the ginseng, which has become glassy-transparent, is dried and further processed.
The special thing about red ginseng: It has a stimulating and skin-protecting effect at the same time. The use of red ginseng is especially recommended for skin that is out of balance and dry. The Red Ginseng Facial Soap contains the precious red ginseng in double concentration as extract and powder.Essential oils are highly concentrated plant essences that are incorporated in small quantities in our soaps.
In folk medicine, lavender is used for poorly healing wounds. Various lavender essential oils are processed in our Calendula Facial Soap.
- has an invigorating, soothing scent, is antiseptic, and is an effective oil against skin impurities. It is included in our Bamboo Facial Soap.
- This oil is recommended for sensitive skin and skin problems. The antibacterial effect has been experimentally proven. BINU Bamboo Facial Soap contains peppermint essential oil.
Is extracted from the flowers of the tropical tree. It is recommended for dry and mature skin. You can find Ylang Ylang essential oil in our Bamboo Facial Soap.
- Has anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties (see above). It is the name-giving ingredient of our Calendula Facial Soap.
- The camphor tree belongs to the laurel family, the essential oil is extracted from the wood of the tree. It has a stimulating effect. Our Bamboo Facial Soap contains this essential oil.
This fragrant oil nourishes and regenerates the skin and is a component of our BINU Bamboo Facial Soap.
Grünwald, Jänicke: Grüne Apotheke. The standard work on herbal medicine, 2015.
Käser: Natural Cosmetic Raw Materials. Effect, processing, cosmetic use, 2015 (4th edition). Olionatura: www.olionatura.de, as of:12/2017.